Windows 10 you can now mirror the screen of an Android phone on a PC, with Android 7.0 (Nougat) or higher, through the app Your telephone. The feature is being integrated into notifications and gaining support for touchscreen interactions. know how to mirror the screen of an android or ios phone to a pc with Windows 10.
If you use iOS, find a solution for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in this post.
Before teaching how to use it, it is good to understand some details…
The application Your telephone Windows 10 is responsible for screen mirroring; It also syncs notifications from mobile to computer. Microsoft decided to bring these two features together: if you click on a notification coming from your smartphone, it will activate screen mirroring and open the corresponding app on your PC screen.
Microsoft gives an example: suppose you received a Snapchat notification on your phone. This notification will sync to the PC and will appear on Windows 10:
If you click, it will open the Your Phone app to mirror your smartphone screen. Snapchat will already be open so you can interact with your keyboard and mouse.
Windows 10 lets you use touch to interact with Android
Screen mirroring also supports touch if your PC has a touchscreen. This allows you to open mobile apps, select items, links, and more.
To mirror the screen of an Android phone to PC, you must have a compatible phone and a recent version of Windows 10. However, you must respect the minimum requirements.
- One compatible cell phone with Android 7.0 Nougat or higher: Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+, S9, S9+, S8, S8+, Note 9, Note 8, A8, A8+, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T;
- Windows 10 May 2019 Update (build 18338 or higher).
See how to know your Windows version and understand what a Build is;
- compatible PC with Bluetooth Low Energy in the peripheral role — you can check this in Device Manager and within range;
- The Android phone must be turned on and connected to the same WiFi network as the PC.
Now what did you expect…
How to Mirror an Android Phone Screen to a PC
On your computer, you can connect to Android 7.0 devices and Samsung devices through two very specific apps available on the Google Play Store and the Galaxy Store.
From the Microsoft Store, from Windows 10, you will have to download “Your Phone“.
How to use Your Phone in Windows 10
On the computer:
- Search for Your Phone and select the app from the results;
- Tell if your phone is an Android or iPhone (iOS);
- You’ll be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft Account (if you haven’t already) and you’ll need to sign in to your computer with the same Microsoft account as your phone in order to link the two devices. Enter your mobile number if prompted (it seems to receive the link via SMS) or scan the QR Code if you already have the app;
On the cellphone:
Follow the guided setup process. You should get a notification to test if everything works.
It is quite common to have problems with this system; Microsoft tries to help here.
With information: Microsoft.
AndroidMicrosoftMirrored ScreenWindowsWindows 10